In order to get most of the benefits from honey, you should consider its purity before buying. Most of the honey in market is not the one that is produced by the bees, but those honey bottles are actually artificially processed and factory made. Therefore customers will end up buying fake product without distinguishing the difference between real honey and fake honey.
Pure honey is the natural product made by honey bees rather than factories. Pure honey is natural and organic.
Fake honey is processed in the factories. Corn syrup, Glucose, Flour, Molasses, Dextrose, Starch, Sugar additives and many such similar products are added altogether to give the flavor and aroma of floral nectars. Therefore fake honey is impure and inorganic in nature.
HONEY PURITY CHECK AT HOME:
- Put a drop of honey on your finger tip.
- If honey spreads around then it is not pure.
- Pure honey will stay intact on skin.
- Add one tablespoon of honey in a glass of water at room temperature.
- Impure honey will dissolve in water quickly.
- Pure honey will settle down right at the bottom of the glass.
- Take a matchstick and dip its one end in honey.
- Now light the matchstick from match box.
- Pure honey will burn and matchstick will light easily because pure honey is flammable.
- Impure honey will dampen the matchstick because of moisture it contains as an impurity.
- Add some water and few drops of vinegar into honey and mix well.
- If foam starts to produce then is is an indication of an impure honey.
- Pure honey does not produce any foam.
- Put a drop of honey on a bloating paper or a paper towel.
- If the drop gets absorbed by the paper towel, it is a fake honey.
- Pure honey should not be absorbed.
MYTHS ON HONEY:
BENEFITS OF HONEY:
Which method did you tried to check the purity of your honey at home?
SHARE YOUR VIEWS:
Subscribe for free and get latest posts of this site by email