A domain is the foundation of your website. People navigate to your website through this domain.People discover you online through this domain name. Registering a quality domain name is very important.
The first step in making a blog is the setup of a URL i.e your domain name. Always pick up the domain name which is easy to understand and remember. I want to built a professional website that is why i decided it to be on the name of its admin. Domain name instantly describes the nature of your business.You can get your domain and web hosting setup by clicking here through my site. I am giving you the best package of domain and hosting from Bluehost
SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR mahvish’s READERS:
Bluehost has a very special offer of 63% saving for mahvish’s readers. Our readers can get the complete set up for just $2.95 USD per month including domain name. Click here to get this exclusive offer.
- SHORTER IS BETTER: Modern domain names are shorter. For this you can make your URL(domain name) short by adding keywords to the right of the dot with keywords like .LIVE, .NEWS, .LIVE, .FORSALE etc.The top 100,000 websites, on average, have nine characters in their domain names.
- RELEVANT: Modern domains names are relevant. You can describe your business and main idea of website with extensions like .DENTIST, .BAND, .VIDEO etc.
- MEMORABLE: Modern domains are memorable. If you want a personality or character based domain use .NINJA, .MODA, .KUNGFU etc.
- SOUND AUTHORITATIVE: Your domain name should sound like a trust worthy authority.
- UNIQUE: Select distinct domain names.For example Google.com, Yahoo.com and Zazzle.com sounds unique.
Avoid using string of numbers, hyphens, or unnecessary words. Perfect domain name is the one that visitors can easily and correctly type on the first attempt.Consider following points while naming your domain:
Your domain name should be user friendly. It must be easy to read and write and quick to remember. If your domain name is comprised of unusual spellings or if it has some confusing phoenix bits then it will be hard for the user to remember.
Most of the people get disappointed on the unavailability of .com domains. However it is not compulsory to get the domain with .com extension for the successful SEO. It is not necessary to get yourself lost in the typical .com traffic. One should create a unique name so that it differs from others and is easily recognizable. Your domain name should clearly summarize the structure of your business or blog so that it can be easily ranked in the google search results. Still .com domains are more valuable. If you have fair chance to opt for .com domain then go for that. It is because .com is the standard, the norm. Most users assume a company’s website will end with .com; after all, 75% of all websites have a .com extension.
Most of the people have confusion in the selection of .com and .org. extensions while considering their domain names. Here i will clear you the concept of .com and .org. Must read it before finalizing your domain name. Hope it will help you in making the proper foundation of your website or blog.
It is a combination of two or more words or morphemes to create one new word like Groupon or Pinterest.
You may also find useful The Complete Guide to Domain Name and URL Structure by Kathy Gray.
HOPE YOU FIND THIS POST HELPUL
WE WILL BE GLAD TO HEAR COMMENTS FROM YOU:
Subscribe for free and get latest posts of this site by email